Submit a story
The Australian National Council on Drugs (ANCD) welcomes all contributions of stories for inclusion on the website. There is not a strict style or word limit for the stories because the ANCD wants them to seem as real as possible. In particular, the ANCD is seeking more stories from people who have the following experiences:
- People who have successfully dealt with their drug use issues or those that are in the process of achieving this goal
- Managers and workers from a variety of treatment services who can provide a first hand account about the role of treatment and the benefits it can offer
- Family members who have supported or are currently supporting a family member through the treatment process
To ensure the anonymity of the authors, people and services mentioned in the stories they will be edited to remove obvious identifiers. Please note that the editing will be kept to a minimum and done in conjunction with the author of the story.
If you would like to submit a story the process is as follows:
- Write your story and if possible give it a title.
- Submit your story to the ANCD by email <email@example.com>. The email should also include a contact name, email address and telephone number. These details will only be used to allow the ANCD to contact you in regard to editing your story. Please note that the ANCD will accept hardcopies but would prefer to receive them electronically because it makes the editing process easier.
- ANCD will then edit your story to remove identifiers of people and services.
- ANCD will send you the edited version of your story for comment and/or approval for inclusion on the website.
- Once the ANCD has received your written approval the edited story will be included on the website.
Please note that you can request that your story be removed from the website at any time.
If you have any questions about contributing a story to the website please feel free to contact the ANCD. The ANCD’s contact details are:
Telephone: 02 6279 1650
Facsimile: 02 6279 1610
PO Box 1552
Canberra ACT 2601
© Australian National Council on Drugs 2006
Web design by Starkis Design